Thursday, July 19, 2007

Can we get off now?

I'm not really big on rollercoasters, and quite frankly, I'm ready to get off of this one just like any other one I've ever been on...

Micah was readmitted to the hospital this evening. His surgical site started having a lot of discharge over night, so I called the nurse again today and she said I should bring him back since it was an abnormally large amount. Once the doctor saw him, he said he's 95% sure he's okay, but it is a lot of discharge so they wanted to keep him overnight to give him IV antibiotics and to keep an eye on him. Another doctor came to look at him later and said that he doesn't believe the fluid is an infection, but rather it looks like one of his stitches came loose and is allowing fluid to leak out. They decided that he will stay at least 24 hours or until the discharge slows down so that he can be on the stronger antibiotics and make sure to prevent any infection since the wound is slightly opened and it could be pretty dangerous if he did get an infection. Mike is staying at the hospital tonight since I am completely exhausted and didn't have the energy to make the trip back tonight (it's about an hour trip each way). To make matters more complicated, I had taken Adalia with me to have the doctor check Micah out not figuring we would be staying, so it was a pretty stressful afternoon/early evening for me. Thankfully, Grandpa was able to come stay with Micah and feed our little piggy while I took Adalia home so that Mike could go down. Please pray that Micah will be alright and that he will be able to come home soon for good. Please also pray for the rest of us as Mike and I are pretty much completely exhausted. Thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

praying for you all!!!!