Thursday, August 06, 2009

Cloth Diaper Trial

I took the plunge and I am now committed to trying cloth diapers on Josiah for one month. I bought two diaper covers, 2 snappis (to hold the diaper in place instead of pins), and a diaper liner bag on ebay for a little more than one months supply of disposable diapers would cost (I already have a bunch of cloth diapers we've been using as spit clothes), so I now have to use them at least until I have covered their cost in what I would have spent on disposable diapers. Hopefully everything should be arriving by the beginning of next week, and then we'll see how it goes. I'll give an update as to what I think about it probably the end of next week. Oh yeah, and I did a little more accurate figuring on how many diapers we've used, and it's actually more than 16,000! I definitely should have looked into this a long time ago!

3 comments:

Karen W said...

Hey Emily - I look forward to updates on your diapering adventure! I am thinking about trying cloth if/ when we have another baby.
Did you see the whole week of articles on simple mom about cloth diapering?

http://simplemom.net/cloth-diapering-101-an-intro/

Beth, Dylan, Brandon, Summer Joy and Evelyn too! said...

i tried cloth diapers with dylan when he was just born (mama joy got me the service). i hated it. but i think that was because anytime he went AT ALL no matter how much, he screamed until i changed him. i hope you have a different experience!! i never tried them again with any of my others. oh, did mom tell you that evie is now potty trained? go mama joy!!! :)

Beth, Dylan, Brandon, Summer Joy and Evelyn too! said...

ok. your last post was about 2 weeks ago. hows it going with the cloth diapers? btw, summer is so excited to go to your house tomorrow!!