I've heard others say that their newly potty-trained kids had to use the bathroom wherever they went, but I didn't quite believe the extreme it could take since Gabriel wasn't like that. However, I think Miss Small Bladder has a mission of using the bathroom in every store we go to multiple times. Tonight I took the three of them out shopping and she went right before we left, but within a few minutes of arriving at Michael's, she had to go. So I dragged all three of them into the bathroom, which is not exactly an easy task. Thinking that would be it, we went on to Target where, within a few minutes, she announced that she had to use the potty again. So, once again, I dragged all three of them into the bathroom again. Then, again, right after we checked out, she announced that she needed to go again, but this time Gabriel put his foot down and said "Wait until we go home." So I asked her if she could, and she said 'yes'. Knowing she had on a pull-up, I figured I'd take my chances especially since I would rather change her diaper at this point then drag them all into the bathroom again. And, lo and behold, she didn't use the toilet until after we had been home for about 20 minutes and her pull-up was still dry. At least now I know she has the capability to hold it for awhile so I don't necessarily have to rush her in a bee-line to the bathroom...
2 comments:
How well I remember those days. I didn't go much of anywhere for a while for just that reason.
and you do know that once you have this new little one she might not be so potty trained. had that problem with summer if you remember. just a heads up!!
Post a Comment