Gabriel did the kids fun run and had a good lead at the beginning, but lost his shoe halfway through. Despite the lost time, he still managed to tie for 3rd place. (He was the only kid running in jean shorts instead of athletic shorts. Not sure why he chose those, but hey, he still did well.)
Chronicalling the the lifelong journey of Michael, Emily, and our family as we navigate the ups and downs of life, seeking always to glorify God and share the love of Jesus Christ our Lord.
Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Emily's First 5K
About a month and a half ago, I started doing something that I never thought I would - I started running to train for a 5K. Now, I've never been much of a runner. I like to play sports and run when there is a purpose behind it, but I've never thought much of just running for the sake of running. However, our church was sponsoring a 5K where all of the proceeds would go to help feed the hungry in Burkina Faso. Burkina Faso has a special place in my heart since we sponsor a child there through Compassion International, so I decided to run for Faissal (and the added benefit of getting into shape). After about a month of working up to it, I was able to run the entire 3.1 miles, which was a big enough feat in itself for me. My finishing time was 30 min 47 sec, which, although not fast, was one of my fastest runs. I have been enjoying running since then, although I have not been as consistent with it. My sister-in-law told me about a 5K in August to benefit a friend of hers, so I'll have to see if I can make it.
Gabriel did the kids fun run and had a good lead at the beginning, but lost his shoe halfway through. Despite the lost time, he still managed to tie for 3rd place. (He was the only kid running in jean shorts instead of athletic shorts. Not sure why he chose those, but hey, he still did well.)
Gabriel did the kids fun run and had a good lead at the beginning, but lost his shoe halfway through. Despite the lost time, he still managed to tie for 3rd place. (He was the only kid running in jean shorts instead of athletic shorts. Not sure why he chose those, but hey, he still did well.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wonderful!!!
Congrats on your 5K! I'm impressed by your dedication, since the only time you will see me running is if someone is chasing me...
Post a Comment