Today was a momentous occassion - Josiah turned 3. Not that all birthdays aren't special, but as I was reflecting on the fact that my youngest is now three, I realized that this really was a special birthday this year for a couple of reasons.
2. We are now out of the baby/toddler phase most likely forever (unless God works a miracle), which means that things are getting much easier since we no longer have to pack the entire house when going away for a day, and especially important, we no longer have to pack...
1. diapers!!! After 7 years of continuous diapering, most often with 2 and twice with 3 at a time, we are finally done! Josiah has been potty trained for a few months and has only been wearing a diaper at night, but after being dry every night for 3 weeks straight, we took the plunge this past week since we were convinced that we would not get woken up by a wet boy in a wet bed and put him in underwear at night too. And so far, so good.
Ahh, so ends a phase of our lives. No more diapers, no more mashed up food, no more babies. Kind of sad, yet also freeing at the same time. Now I just need to get rid of all of the sippy cups since Josiah can use a regular cup, and I'll have another shelf free in my cupboard! I'll just have to make it through closing out a phase of life with the cleaning out of that cupboard. I think that might have to wait until after Christmas...
1 comment:
Wow! I'm knee-deep in diapers and spit up. This gives me hope!
Post a Comment