Thursday, April 16, 2009

Adalia's 3rd Birthday

Today was Adalia's birthday. It's hard to believe that she's already 3! This morning started out with a birthday call from Omah (my grandmother) and then we gave her a Thomas & Friends windmill to go with their train set, which she really liked. (Gabriel really liked it too which caused some issues throughout the day). She told me that she wants a Thomas cake for her birthday party, so it looks like we very well might end up with a tomboy (which isn't too surprising considering who her parents are :) ).

For dinner, which we had at lunch time, she requested soup, so Mike made his delicious homemade chicken noodle soup for her, which she ate seconds of. Then after naptime, Grandma came up for her weekly visit and brought her another present which included walkie-talkies that they had fun with even though they haven't quite figured out how they work. I'm sure Mike will take care of that tomorrow!


After lunch, which we had at dinner time, Grandma came with us to the library and then to McDonald's for a special birthday dessert. Then it was back home and Adalia got to pick out a movie, and can you guess what she picked? Thomas the Tank Engine!
Overall, I'd say she had a pretty good day!

3 comments:

Beth, Dylan, Brandon, Summer Joy and Evelyn too! said...

I can't believe she's 3 already!! and that I missed her birthday....bad aunt beth!! please tell her i love her and i said happy birthday even though it's late. i would lose my own head if it wasn't attached!! :(

Anonymous said...

no way- we must have our kids switched or something. you were the one always wanting the frilly dresses and those stupid easter hats and i was the one wanting to wear my tigger jeans to church on sunday. how did you end up with the tomboy and me with the one who must always wear a dress and have her hair done.

Happy birthday Adalia- you are a girl after my own heart! Climb those trees and do lots of boy stuff.
Rebecca

mpbounds said...

Emily,
I just got your blog address from Kim. I hope your doing well I am still in the navy, married with 2 kids, living in Bremerton, WA. I am living life and studying to become a Pastor when I get out. How have you been doing. Drop me a line sometime. mpbounds@gmail.com