Chronicalling the the lifelong journey of Michael, Emily, and our family as we navigate the ups and downs of life, seeking always to glorify God and share the love of Jesus Christ our Lord.
Monday, January 28, 2008
New Shoes
I bought myself a new pair of shoes for the first time in years (ok, so I bought a pair of running shoes a year ago, but they don't really count). Growing up, shoes were always something I really liked, I think because they show my personality. I've always had weird shoes that my sisters have always thought were ugly, but I really like them and think they have character and eventually they grow on others as well. Last year for our anniversary Mike said I could buy a pair of shoes as my present, but I wasn't able to find something that I really wanted to get. I think part of it is that I haven't known who I am for awhile, so I just got frustrated in trying to find some shoes since I couldn't find a pair that adequately expressed who I am since I didn't know. I haven't completely grasped yet who I am as an individual in my life context right now (for example, if I were left alone for a day without the kids and could do whatever I wanted, I have no idea what I would even want to do), but I finally did find a pair of shoes that adequately expresses my current style and personality! They aren't the most attractive looking shoes overall, but they definitely have character, are extremely comfortable, and are a mix of a slightly more trendy shoe, but with a definite flare of being anti-trendy at the same time. And they go well with socks with prints on them, so now I can start showing my personality again that way too! It seems kind of strange, but finally finding a pair of shoes gives me a sort of sense of finding myself. Now I just have to figure out what I would like to do if I ever have some free time... other than blogging that is :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
ok, so where is the pic of these "emily" shoes??
Sorry, I'm a bit behind on downloading and preparing pictures. When I get to it, I will add it in.
Ooh yes I want to see too! :) Or you can wear them when I next see you!
Love,
Kelley
ok. just to let you all know, i have seen the shoes!! and they are definitely emily shoes! and i love them. cute cute!
Post a Comment