Monday, May 21, 2007

Welcome Micah Anton!


At 1:55 PM on 05/21/07 Emily gave birth to our third child (in 2 ½ years), Micah Anton via cesarean section. Both mother and child are doing well; in fact, of her three c-sections, this was probably the best experience Emily has had. Micah weighed in at 8 lbs, 9 oz. and was 19 ¼ inches long (much bigger than we expected). I don’t know what the guesses have been, so Emily will have to write later to tell you all who won the size and time competition.

As with all of our children, we chose a name that has a meaning, so here is the entomology for Micah’s name. Micah (Hebrew) means, “Who is like God?,” and Anton (the Slavic version of Anthony) means, “Worthy of praise.” So Micah’s full name means something like, “Who is like God? He is worthy of praise.”


I have posted some initial pictures. More information to come in future days. Your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

LAH said...

Congrats Mike and Emily! Hope you're all doing well :)

The Nolls said...

YAY for Micah! I am so excited for ya'll and thankful that Micah is here and that you are both safe! thanks for keeping us updated on the blog... i've been checking as often as I can to see when he'd get here :)
God bless you guys as you adjust! much much love,
the nolls